Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8 - The Black Oak Tree - Quercus velutina


January 8 - The Black Oak Tree

Happiness

The Black Oak Tree is the "A Year With the Trees" tree for Jan. 8, April 8, July 8, and Oct. 8. You can read more about this tree by clicking on Quercus velutina in the label section on the left side of this blog.

This beautiful Black Oak lives in my yard.  It is covered in snow on this very cold winter's day.

quote:
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Groucho Marx


Peace,

Rebecca

Happy Birthday to Kristin W.!!!
Happy Birthday to Evie Belle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment