Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31 - The Black Locust Tree - Robinia pseudoacacia

The Black Locust Tree

This Black Locust Tree lives at the Asheville Botanical Gardens.  www.ashevillebotanicalgardens.org

This is the last day of the year for "A Year With the Trees".  I had such a learning experience doing this year- long study of the trees.  I now really know 93 new trees.  They are my new friends.   I hope if you have been reading my posts, you have learned something and enjoyed the trees as much as I have. 

The "Year With the Trees" will continue in 2011.  I am going to change a few trees that challenged me.  I was challenged with some of the trees that do not grow in the Southern Appalachians.  In 2011, this blog will include drawings and journal pages as well as photos in all four seasons.  There is so much left to learn.

Please join me in 2011 for a "Year with the Trees". 


Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment