Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 24 - Table Mountain Pine - Pinus pungens

Table Mountain Pine Tree

Table Mountain Pine Tree

Table Mountain Pine Tree

I am in West Virginia at Pipestem State Park.  I asked the naturalist here, Jim Phillips, where I could find the Table Mountain Pine Tree at Pipestem State Park. Jim told me that to find this tree I will need to hike down into the gorge for 3/4 of a mile. He told me that it is foggy and cool here in the mornings and the hike down is pretty steep.  I really wanted to find it, so I did get up early the next morning and hiked down into the gorge to photograph this tree.  I was rewarded with a colorful morning.  There were thousands of red and orange and yellow leaves glowing in the morning sunlight after the fog rose out of the gorge.

This park is an incredible park to see Fall leaf color.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment